Monday, December 31, 2007

Collecting In the New Year

It's the eve of the New Year and I'm going to mention a few things that I'm looking forward to in the new year:

Getting An Autograph Hit
I didn't get one autograph hit out of all the cards I opened this year. Not even some signature from a 10th round draft pick.

Buying My First Box Of A Super-Premium Product
I really want to buy a box of high-end stuff. So lets hope I have the funds to do so.

1959 Topps Heritage
Love this design. Now if Topps doesn't screw it up...

The end of the A-Rod HR crap cards
The series ended with Bowman Sterling. Thanks goodness.

Mark Teixeira in a Braves Jersey on a card
Not one of him wearing what looks like a photoshopped pullover.

What's everyone else looking forward to?

3 comments:

dayf said...

You want an autograph card? Get a blaster of TriStar Prospects Plus. They are LOADED, plus Jason Heyward (Braves' #1 pick) is in the set.

Totally agree on the Teixeira card. Pulling that pullover card made me ill. There's a Tex/Frenchy Baseball History insert card in 2008 Topps I am dying to see.

Steve Gierman said...

The first autograph card is always sweet. It doesn't matter who it is.

The biggest thrill is when you get it from a single random pack, not from a box with a guaranteed auto card. But those guaranteed autos are pretty sweet too.

Russ said...

I have to agree about the random pulls. Best random autograph pull I've ever got was a Leaf Gold Clubhouse signatures of Javier Vazquez out of a pack that I bought at K-Mart.

And I think I will get some prospects plus. maybe today.