Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mr. Anderson......

I'm done with finals and can finally catch everyone up on what's been grabbing my attention in the card world lately. When I collect, my main focuses are Braves and Chipper Jones specifically. However, when you're trying to collect a player of Chipper's caliber, the price of cards can get really high really quick. So I decided to look for someone, a Braves player, that I can collect and get high end cards of and not break the bank. After doing some looking around, I settled on a guy that caught my attention when I went to spring training. So here, for the first time, is my collection of Josh Anderson
While I don't have that many right now, what I do have are good quality and upper end cards. I don't think I've payed more than $10 total including shipping for any of these, with most coming in the $1-$3 range. Josh might not be a star right away, but flashes of brilliance were seen last year with the Astros. He might be the answer to the outfield platoon in left that the Braves have had for so many years. Also, my one complaint is that I need more cards of Josh in a Braves uniform. Even on the Co-Signers card, he's airbrushed. Tisk tisk Topps. So this is a call: If you have any Josh Anderson cards for trade, let me know. I might take them off your hands.

3 comments:

dayf said...

Nice rainbow there! What are you missing, the Gold and the 1/1?

I'm happy to see that Co-Signers actually has "Braves" on the card.

Wax Heaven said...

Wow, nice collection!

Russ said...

Thanks guys. Yeah, I'm missing the gold and the 1/1. I've seen 2 golds on ebay both going for over $20 and I'm not ready to pay that right now. I've also seen the Premiere 1/1 and it went for $40 and a Co-Signers cyan printing plate went for around $35 I think. But I have yet to see any of the printing plates or 1/1s from finest.