Sunday, June 1, 2008

I don't have anything to write about really


So here's a Chipper Patch card.  This is actually my first patch card I've ever owned as well as my only piece of game-worn/used memorabilia from Chipper.  Who has been tearing it up lately and it's finally getting people to notice him.  He's probably been one of the top five players in the National League for years now, but hasn't got as much attention as some other players who have done less than he has.  Even when he won the MVP, there wasn't the media outpouring that one would expect and I feel that his MVP year was similar to the same fanfare that Justin Morneau received for his in 2006.  Now Morneau has a few more years to prove that he's in the same league as Chipper, but I think that their MVP years are comparable.  Of course, Chipper is getting to the end of his career and is starting to be mentioned in the same statistical circles as Mantle and the like.  And when all is said and done, he'll probably be, arguably, the greatest switch-hitter ever.  That's right.  I said it.

3 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

Chipper is amazing...


good to see you posting again...

dayf said...

Wow, nice patch card. I'm trying to think what patch that could be from. A letter or something?

Russ said...

After doing some research, I've concluded that it's the end of either the top or bottom of the "S" in "Jones"