Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My trash IS my treasure

I recently traded in my old car as I was having issues with it that were going to cost me money that I didn't have to fix.  So I traded it in and got a new one.  In this process I had to clean out the car.  I put everything in a trash bag so I could go through it.  I finally got around to going through the trash bag and sorting what was trash and what was not.  I knew that I would have some cards in there as I do occasionally open a pack in the car and they find their way to the center console or glove box.  So going through the menagerie of objects today I came across a card that I don't even remember pulling.
It's a 2007 Topps Chrome XFractor of Brandon Phillips.  Brandon is having quite a good year this year with the Reds and could come close to a 30/30 season with him already hitting 11 HRs and stolen 9 bases.  The scan doesn't do justice to how wonderfully shiny this thing is.  So remember kids, go through all your stuff.  You never know what you'll find there.

No comments: